- Identifies, develops and direct implementation of new policies and procedures necessary to have a strong sustainable internal control structure
- Ensure that all staff have an in depth understanding of the internal control system in place; administer training for better intricate understanding of all guidelines and standards
- Identify areas of financial and administrative strengths and weaknesses; evaluate business operations and develop relevant cost saving and process improvement suggestions to assist organization in its goals
- Routine audit of financial records and activities: This includes accounting and data processing to detect possible error and fraud, review management reports on specific activities, review bank reconciliation statements, ensure that assets register is maintained and regularly update and review of efficiency in Financial control.
- Set authorization standard and approval limits by certain upper management staff, and approve payments within own limits.
- Define guidelines for and ensure Invoice Verification/confirmation of prices from supplier before approval for purchase is given
- Define guidelines for and ensure Stock Verification of company purchased items; ensuring regular stock counts and reconciliations by cross checking with relevant documents and authorizations to avoid theft, errors and losses.
- Checking all expenditure requests for price verification, relevant need in the company budget limits and all other required standards.
- Checking all requests for payments for require signature approvals, authorizations and all other required standards and conditions for payment
- Develop a sustainable debt control policy; generate debtor’s list monthly and ensure a debt recovery system is in place
- Oversees regulatory compliance with regulatory authorities and advises the organization accordingly on changing legislation
- Submits accurate and timely reports as required by the firm’s senior management and regulatory agencies for management decision making and business operations improvement purposes.
- Conduct any reviews or specific tasks involving fraud, errors or complaints requested by management
- Monitor and provide advise to Senior management to minimize risks resulting from poor internal controls
- Review the responses to internal and external audit management letter queries to ensure that recommendations are implemented; follow-up on audit action plan to ensure that all action items are resolved before the next scheduled audit
- Attend regularly conferences, meetings and industry events (at least twice a month) on better ways to improve internal control and risk management as an officer
- Set aside weekly feedback (either email or written reports) for activity reporting to the General Manager
SEND YOUR CV TO JOBS@PFBRESOURCES.COM